25 May 2007

Why Post This?


I don't know-- it just kind of struck me.
The new American Idol winner, Jordin Sparks, is strongly pro-life. I think that makes three people in Hollywood now.




From Wikipedia:


Sparks has been candid in her opposition to abortion. She performed at Arizona's Right to Life 2005 conference and at other pro-life events. Sparks also, on her MySpace profile, has a photo of herself holding a "Stop Abortion Now" sign.
Update, 5-26-07: It is nice to scoop lifesite news, which has a good story here. Seems Miss Sparks is also dedicated to chastity. How did these "scandals" ever get hushed up?

5 comments:

Mary said...

I also pray for an end to abortion.

Anonymous said...

Who are the other two? ? ? Thinking about it, I understand your point of not many in Hollywood are pro-life, but look at Mel Gibson and J.C. who played Jesus in his film. . .there's your three, I'm thinking there's more? Probably not many though.

Patrick Kinsale said...

Almost makes up for the fact that Melinda Doolittle was voted off.

thetimman said...

Patrick, I read that Melinda Doolittle was also a Christian and gospel singer.

Not quite the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, perhaps, but nice news anyway.

MMajor Fan said...

Thanks for posting this! I'd not have seen this great photo otherwise, since I avoid MySpace (secretly believing it causes lactose intolerance...)