21 June 2007

Housekeeping: Comment Moderation

Laudetur Jesus Christus!

First of all, I want to thank those of you who visit here regularly; I'm grateful, and not a little mystified, that you find things worthwhile to read or comment on here. And, also, I want to thank those who are new visitors, or who stop by on the odd occasion.

The recent ordinations in St. Louis have brought many new readers to the site, and I hope they become regulars, too.

But increased exposure can also bring problems. There was a recent post where a few commenters left false and otherwise rude comments, and I was forced to turn on the comment moderation. As I commented in that post, calumny will not be tolerated here. This doesn't mean that some things in the Church's affairs are not open to legitimate criticism-- some are, and they are fair game. What this does mean is that you are still free to leave comments (and I welcome them!) but they will be reviewed by me first before showing up on the blog.

I trust this will be a temporary situation and I apologize for the short delay you may experience before seeing your comments. I will do my best to be prompt. After a little while, hopefully the malcontents will find some other wall to graffiti and leave this blog to Catholic adults of good faith.

As I state on the right hand side of the blog, this site is entirely dedicated to Our Blessed Mother, and I know she will resolve the situation.

V. Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genitrix.
R. Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.

1 comment:

wolftracker said...

I've done the same thing, probably should have a long while ago. Mine is permanent.