15 June 2007

Images from the ICRSP Ordinations

I am back from the ICRSP ordinations at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis. I know my pictures won't be the best posted, so I figured at least they could be among the first posted.


The Ordination Mass was magnificent. I can only thank God I was there. The Mass lasted about four hours, but believe it or not, I didn't mind a bit.

The Cathedral was packed-- there were between 1,100 to 1,200 people in attendance. Archbishop Burke ordained Fr. Avis and Fr. Talarico. Two other bishops were also present, Bishop Finn of Kansas City-St. Joseph, and Bishop Joseph Perry, Auxiliary Bishop of Chicago.


The Archbishop processed in with members of the Institute wearing the cappa magna. After praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament, and vesting for Mass, the main procession began.



































Monsignors Wach and Schmitz, above; His Grace, below.



















"Let those to be ordained come forth", above; imposition of hands, below.







Packed house.

























First blessing, to His Grace.



















Kissing the hands of Fr. Talarico, above; Fr. Avis blesses the faithful, below.

I thank everyone who attended and all those who helped bring this day about. We are so blessed in St. Louis; hopefully better days for tradition are coming to all.

What better day than the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to experience the glory of the traditional rite of ordination?



_____________________

UPDATE:



I almost forgot! I had a sighting yesterday of that often talked of, but rarely seen, ad orientem novus ordo Mass! The daily noon Mass at the Cathedral was celebrated by Fr. Thomas Keller, a priest of the Archdiocese who is a friend to the Oratory. Well, the Ordination Mass was already set up, so the parishioners got a treat. Some looked puzzled, but it was edifying to experience. I took one picture to prove it happened.


10 comments:

Rae said...

Thank you for posting photographs so quickly! All day, I've been wishing I were there in St. Louis...

thetimman said...

You're welcome. I am sure that soon there will much better photos out there, but I didn't want to keep anybody waiting. I know Kansas City Catholic was there, and is a better photographer. Also, you may want to check out Rome of the West and New Liturgical Movement in the next few days for more. Maybe Lost Lambs and Traditional Catholic Mom, too. All of these are linked on the right side of the blog.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Oh Benedicet! Hurry with cutting off the chains on the our spiritual heritage, so that none of us have to miss such as Mass as this! I just can't stand that I was not there!!!!!!!!!

No longer do I wish to be denied such an opportunity, simply because there is a prelate who does not want this Mass to be celebrated! I can't hold back my longing for the freedom to see an ordination done according to the 1962 missal!

Please Holiness....Quickly! Free us all!

B. Rickman
in CT

Patrick Kinsale said...

Hope they keep the altar that way! I almost went to the 12:05 but assumed it was not going to be held because of the ordinations, which I could not attend due to a scheduling conflict.

Ir would really be something for the Cathedral to stay ad orientem.

Brian Murphy said...

Why oh why could this not have been aired on EWTN?

Christopher said...

I have video of ALMOST the Entire event, No pictures as the rechargable batteries in the camera decided to not recharge and die right when mass started.

I will be uploading the video on Sunday night

We had a rough day yesterday...to say the least.. I will post the full story tomorrow

wolftracker said...

Timman: So great to meet you and I only regret that we could have not talked longer. But, I hope, we will have a chance to do so soon.

My pics are up and are at the Remnant now as well.

WT

P.S. Oh, actually, I'll just send an email.

Anonymous said...

The other bishop in attendance was Bishop Perry, Auxilary Bishop of Chicago, who just last Saturday did the confirmations at St. Mary's Oratory in Wausau ~ another ICK church.

thetimman said...

Thanks, anon-- I wanted to post it but didn't know who he was. No slight to the good bishop. Another friend of the Institute is good news. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these photos. Msgr. Schmitz looks younger in the photo on here than he does in the staff photo I saw on another site. Perhaps if someone has a video of the High Mass they could contact EWTN. I know they recently broadcast again the restoration/consecration service from St. Mary's Oratory (Wausau, WI) from a few years ago.