31 October 2007

Report from Halloween's Front Lines

Time:  6:40pm

Place:  The homefront

Mission:  Hand out candy while wife takes brood out trick-or-treating

Secondary Mission:  Prevent egging of house


Report:  While conducting above operation, answered diminutive knock on door.  On doorstep was young girl, approximate age, 8.  Dressed as witch.  Not unusual for Halloween.  But, just as I was reaching into the candy bowl, I observed that the subject witch, possibly in an attempt at realism, and hopefully through ignorance, was wearing a pentagram medallion.  A pentagram medallion!!


Handed out candy while silently reciting St. Michael prayer.  Closed door and wondered whether other neighbors are freaked out in the opposite way by my children dressed up as Saints.

1 comment:

Patrick Kinsale said...

Any saint at my door gets extra candy!

A few years ago, I had a 12-year-old dressed as a Playboy bunny. I kid not.