Confirmation of the Kenrick-Glennon Seminary expansion came yesterday as His Grace addressed the seminarians themselves last evening. Some highlights:
- What is currently a large (mostly unused) gym-like multi-purpose area on the second floor will be renovated to create some 16 or 17 new dorm rooms.
- Several faculty members currently have offices in former seminarian rooms. These rooms will be returned to the seminarians, creating another 15 or so dorm rooms.
- New faculty offices and several new classrooms are included in the plan.
- The HVAC system and plumbing will be overhauled.
- A new library building will be constructed.
- Happily, the main chapel will be renovated in order to, among other reasons, allow for the more dignified celebration of the Extraordinary Form of the Holy Mass.
- A small chapel will be installed on the second floor for private Masses.
- More guest rooms will be created.