27 March 2008

First ChiefJoeMokwa (tm), Now Chef Paul Prudhomme!


As regular readers know, nothing is more relevant to the mission of a Catholic blog than the lively debate about whether bullets, after having been shot in the air, can actually kill someone by falling back to Earth.

Against my firmly held belief to the contrary, the evidence for the proposition grew (no pun intended) today to larger proportions.


From a blurb found in the Post-Dispatch:


Paul Prudhomme was setting up his cooking tent on the practice range at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans golf event when he was hit in the arm by a bullet.  Police believe it was a falling bullet, probably shot about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday from someone within 1 1/2 miles.


Witnesses said the bullet cut Prudhomme's skin on his arm and put a hole in his white chef's coat.  But Prudhomme continued cooking until he left the course about 3:30 p.m.
_____________________

I am a little concerned that bullets apparently are not time and location stamped for easy time-and-place-of-shooting calculation.  I am glad the great chef was unharmed, although I hope not to be disrespectful by observing that if a falling bullet had gone into his frame to do serious damage I would concede the argument forever.

5 comments:

Latinmassgirl said...

Maybe if he was closer, it would have caused damage. Up to 1 1/2 miles is pretty far away. I will still avoid areas where people shoot guns in the air on the 4th of July!

methodist Jim said...

I told you so.

C.P. said...

Arggh! I meant to email you about this yesterday! Do you think Chef Prudhomme was making Cajun Pork when it happened? It all ties together nice and neat...

doughboy said...

It's funny you blogged about this, because I've often wondered what happens to bullets that get fired into the air (for instance by New Year's Eve revelers). How fast do they fall back to Earth? How bad would that hurt if you're a jogger & one falls on your head? These are things I think about before I drive into the city. LOL!

thetimman said...

Latinmassgirl,

You mean like Fort McHenry?