22 August 2008

Attention St. Louis Catholics: This is what the Stanislaus/Cronan Crowd Means by Peace, Love and Dialogue


I came across a blog a few days ago that I have hesitated to post on for obvious reasons. I know that by mentioning it that its readership will be temporarily increased-- it would be better to ignore it.

However, I decided to post on it at last to point out to the Catholics from all over the Archdiocese who read my blog just what a charade that the local anti-Catholic "Catholic" screed really is. And Archbishop Burke and all faithful Catholic clergy deserve that we defend them in the face of such outrageous contempt.

And this is why I have beaten the dead horse, so to speak, long after the carcass was excommunicated.

Think about love and care for his flock that Archbishop Burke has. Think of how he was willing to bear the scorn of the ignorant and the malicious to protect the flock Christ entrusted him. Think of his sermon last Sunday. Read the article by Bishop Hermann below. Then read this garbage:

Out from under his Rock ... It's Raymond!

Just when we thought we'd heard the last of Raymond Burke, we find him popping his mouth off at the Vatican, hissing the same old condemnatory venom ... "Catholics, especially politicians, who advocate abortion shouldn't present themselves for Holy Communion ... blah, blah, blah."

If you really feel compelled to read more about this, here's the link at Religious Intelligence (oxymoron?):


Now, we have a theory on why we're hearing from Raymond so soon after his "triumphant" departure from Saint Louis. We all know that Burke wasn't really promoted to his new job. No, obviously Ratzinger had to get him out of town because he'd totally screwed things up for the Church here, and he was just making matters worse with every bone-headed move he made.

Ratzinger couldn't send him to another diocese. He figured that the Church had taken enough heat lately regarding its "pass the trash" employee assignment practices and pathetic lack of management accountability. And, Ratzinger couldn't just make it a lateral move either, because that would look like the dissidents had won.

So, Ol' Joe realized he had to appear to "promote" Raymond, so that Raymond could save face. And also to cover up the fact that it was Ratzinger who had given Burke the permission to excommunicate perfectly good Catholics at Saint Stanislaus Parish in the first place.

Why didn't Ratzinger tell Burke to keep his mouth shut until the heat had died down you ask? To maintain the illusion that Raymond had been promoted, that's why. The first thing Burke does when he gets to Rome ... even before he unpacks his lace undies and autographed color photo of Leonardo DiCaprio ... is call in a reporter from some Italian rag, Radici Cristiane, and lays this same old BS on the world.

Way to go, Ray. We're sure all your Cathlo-fascist fans back here in the States are rooting for ya'.
_____________________

Just who wrote this? The same party whose blog title reads in part:

PATRYK LASKA, which literally means "the walking stick of Patrick" in Polish, is a group of Catholics here in Saint Louis working to drive the snakes out of the Roman Catholic Church ... the snakes of intolerance, bigotry, sexism, homophobia, and the vile abuse of power by members of the Roman Catholic clerical monarchy...
...But why a Polish name? To honor the wonderful parishioners of Saint Stanislaus Polish Roman Catholic Parish, whose courage and steadfast resolve in the face of clerical tyranny serve as an inspiration to all Christians who truly strive follow the teachings and example of Jesus Christ.

The blog goes on to identity snake "hunters" and snake "pits". I enjoyed a chuckle when I read them. Finally, though, it lists "better choices" for the oppressed Catholics-tired-of-the-natural-law among us:


Talk about the unholy trinity. I am glad that they have so often lectured faithful Catholics about how it is only they who truly live out the Gospel of Christ. I don't know what He would say about their first blog post, though-- I guess they'll tell us soon enough.

By the way, if you want to comment on that blog, you can't, unless you belong to their movement. Now that is dialogue.

11 comments:

Peter said...

It is sad that people can have that view. Honestly, how can you believe what you are doing is Catholic??!
I pray for those people that God will show them how much loved He poured out for His flock by sending us Archbishop Burke to lead us BACK to the TRUTH instead of this relativism that that blogger would have us have.

Mizzmonsoon said...

I know, I know...but I *just had* to go to their blog.

I'm curious though, did anybody else notice the smell of sulphur coming out of their computers after clicking the link?

Anonymous said...

As always, such dissenters have no sound basis for their arguments; they lower themselves to name-calling and juvenile rhetoric without any solid arguments. The blogosphere is inundated with "rantblogs" that offer no real rational argument, but resort to irrational piffle. It would be quite refreshing to see a position well-posed, for then it would be possible to engage in real dialogue, of which they errantly claim to be masters.

StGuyFawkes said...

This thing is so ignorantly argued and ungrammatically expressed that I can only conclude it is a parody.

In fact I want to suggest that perhaps Marek Bozek and Sean Collins got drunk in Bozek's condo and come up with the Polish-Patrick conceit.

It's just too stupid to be real.

And yet it is real.

Unfortunately, this thing does reveal something about the whole crew down at Stan's, Cronan's and St. Francis-Clare's.

These guys are members of a cult. No one who would claim to be Catholic, no matter how radical would refer to an occupant of the See of St. Peter as "Ol'Joe" or Ratzinger. They have decided that any kind of Catholic unity with anyone not of their ilk is unity with Fascists.

I hate to say it but there is only one possible response to this kind of garbage.

Parish Suppression.

To all my friends at St. Cronan's. If this work is from the hand of anyone at your parish you'd better get them to stop and apologize because time is running out.

You are digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourselves.

And remember. Unlike the people at St. Stan's you don't own the real estate. You can be made to perform your weird little opera in a Unitarian hall.

Actions have consequences children. And you punishments may have only begun.

Dameon said...

I couldn't agree more about the garbage the mentioned site is spewing. If you don't agree with the faith, then don't call yourself Roman Catholic. Your a protestant, by definition. Go find one of their churches and leave the Roman Catholics alone.

I do take some exception to lumping St. Clare and Francis in with Stanislaus and Cronan. First of all, they aren't a "Parish" and don't call themelves that. They use the word congregation, as every other protestant faith does. Secondly, "Parish" never was Roman Catholic, and never claimed to be Roman Catholic. These people walked away from Roman Catholicism, in contrast to the people of St. Stanislaus and St. Cronan who have opted to attempt change "their" Parish into what they want it to be.

Rev. Frank Krebs was not forcibly excomunicated, but realized himself that he was not in communion with the Church and left of his own accord. Do I agree with the lifestyle which he chooses to lead? No, but it is not my place to judge him personally or anyone else.

YoungCatholicSTL said...

Apparently STL Catholic is a snake pit! Who knew?

Fenian said...

I find the whole situation sad. May all of those at St. Cronan's and St. Stanislaus see the error of their ways.

If they want to continue to be Catholic they must accept the authority of the Archbishop and of the Vatican. Otherwise, there are plenty of other religions that would better fit their views.

Sandy said...

That blog is vile and it made me sick to my stomach to read such venom directed toward Holy Mother Church, Pope Benedict and Archbishop Burke. What awful, hate-filled, toxic rantings! While reading it, the hatred and rage coming from that blog became almost tangible and now after having read it, I just feel so sick, sad and upset.

A PRAYER IN TIME OF DISTRESS
I shall walk through dark valleys,
I fear no harm for you are at my side.
Your rod and staff shall give me courage,
No evil shall befall me,
No weakness in my stride. God wills not my foot to slip
Or my guardian sleep, He guides me from all evil,
The Lord is my guardian; The Lord the shade I keep,
By day the sun cannot harm me Or the moon by night
For the Lord said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled,
Have faith in God and also in me. In my Father’s house
There are many dwelling places. If there were not,
Would I have told you That I am going to prepare
A place for you? And if I go and Prepare a place for you,
I will come back again And take you to myself,
So that where I am You also may be.”
If the Lord is with us,Who can be against us?

PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness
and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Dona Nobis Pacem.

patrick finley said...

The Fact the individual refers to the Vicar of Christ, the Holy Father as "Ol' joe" , says it all.

I wish these people would pick up a bible and read it "You are Peter, on this rock I will build my church". So Bishops are appointed by the pope, or "Peter". Thus, you respect the man, especially if he is holding steadfast to the faith.

Folks, these people aren't going to have ground much longer. There are more Bishops like Burke then not now; orthodoxy will return. I think Benedict in his wisdom will appoint us a new shepherd every bit as vigilant as Burke was, God willing.

Stephanie said...

Thank you, St. Louis Catholic, for all that you do in defending Holy Mother Church. May God bless you.

As has been said, these people just need prayer. It is so sad what they have done.

thetimman said...

Stephanie, you are quite welcome, and I thank you for your kind words.

God has blessed me, in spite of myself. It almost certainly isn't for my blog. ;-)

I am constantly amazed that what some guy writes on a blog has any effect on people, for good or ill. But comments like yours (and those of certain others who don't like what the Church teaches) tell me otherwise.

Thank you very much. Faithful Catholics must support the Church, for times are getting tougher.