A quick round-up of news from the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest:
- 1. The design contest for the proposed children's theater/classroom space on the St. Francis de Sales Oratory campus was a very nice event. Five finalists from the School of Architecture at Washington University presented their plans, and a panel of judges selected a winner. The winning entry makes simple adjustments to the layout of the interior space utilizing some of the original architectural details, re-orients the stage and theater area, and adds classrooms. It also includes plans to create a new courtyard in what is now a parking area between the Church and the theater building. Rome of the West took pictures of the event, which I hope he will post soon.
- A DVD of the televised Mass on EWTN on the anniversary of the effective date of Summorum Pontificum is available at the Institute's website.
- On Monday, November 3, members of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest will offer another live televised Mass on EWTN. The Mass will be offered for the faithful departed at 8:00 AM EST, 7:00 AM CST.
Live streaming video of the Mass will be available online via EWTN's Web site.
- The Institute website for the new St. Gianna Oratory in Tucson, AZ is now up and running.
- The dedication of Old St. Patrick Oratory in Kansas City, MO will take place this Saturday. Don't worry about violating the Communion fast (old or new) for this baby unless you actually eat in Church. The ceremony and Mass are expected to cover 4-5 hours. For your enjoyment, I am posting a picture of the Oratory as it nears completion.