30 July 2009

Confidence in Christ

I will forget everything that was, and is to come; nor think of what lies ahead of me. Whatever I am wont to carry and to hold in my arms I will let fall before Jesus. It will not fall into the void: standing before Jesus, I deliver all up to Him. Everything belongs to Him: all burdening worries and all great concerns, both mine and those of the souls I love. I am not abandoning them as I would abandon them in seeking diversion: I know that in Jesus they are truly in a safe harbor. When at His call I relinquish and abandon all things, I am not casting them away; on the contrary, I am assigning everything to its proper place.

--Dietrich von Hildebrand, Transformation in Christ

6 comments:

HSMom said...

Thanks for this, timman. VERY timely.

(Don't you agree, cp?!)

thetimman said...

You are welcome, HSMom. Prayers for you, too.

Anon from Oakland said...

Great quote and great prayer! I remember hearing this in a sermon once...

thetimman said...

I thought you might have... :-)

Hope you don't mind pointing again to von Hildebrand, whose thought is so much in the spirit of the Institute; those early Gemeinschaft lay faithful have passed on a treasure of faith, practice and good example.

dulac90 said...

In other words....

The dude abides.

cp said...

Anon from Oakland's voice is familiar...a slight accent perhaps?

Anyway, HSMom and I were discussing things of this nature yesterday. Timely, Timman, timely.