19 September 2009

Still Fighting the Good Fight

I had the honor of seeing His Grace Archbishop Burke and speaking with him briefly today at a Solemn Pontifical High Mass to mark the 90th Anniversary of the presence in St. Louis of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus. I hope to post pictures of that Mass soon.

In the meantime, it is so nice to see that His Grace found the time while stateside to again stand up for life and weigh in against the anti-life healthcare takeover:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-- thank God for Archbishop Burke.

9 comments:

Fenian said...

I'd like to say that meeting him about two years ago was a moment that I will never forget.

However, he did think that my wife was my sister, but I can forgive him for that!

KC said...

May he someday be in the position to take the name of Pius XIII!

Father G said...

KC,
Please God!

Anonymous said...

I've always thought Leo XIV would be more appropriate. I'll be in Rome for his Pontifical Mass in St. Peter's Basilica in Oct.

ATW

Father G said...

ATW,
I'd go for Leo XIV as well...well, while we're at it, how about Gregory XVII or better Clement XV or even better Innocent XIV...

thetimman said...

I keep wondering about Sylvester (with a nod to Benson's Lord of the World), or perhaps Petrus Romanus?

How's that for provocative?

KC said...

I chose Pius, since the very sound of the name would terrify "progressives" in a way that the other choices (all otherwise good) would not.

Anonymous said...

KC,
While I enjoyed all the other banter above, I'm a little concerned about your comment at 19:37. Are you hoping for a more divisive Pope here?
I'm sorry, but I hope for a prayerful uniter, not someone who would send even more people fleeing the church as it sounds you are implying here.

Funny thing, a lot of people thought that Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger would come out with his "German Shepherd" image to put up barricades against his "opposition," yet his first Encyclical was simply on "Charity."

And maybe we all should pray for a Pope who can bring more charity into the world versus terror!

Anonymous said...

Sigh.

Great post, Timman!

(Thanks again for the wheels outta the cap...)

Mizz.