31 December 2009

New Year's Resolutions

In the past several years I have tried to make my New Year's resolutions stick. The best way to do so, I've found, is to be profoundly realistic.

For example, a few years back I resolved to be more judgemental, and to jump to conclusions more often. Another year, I decided to be more emotionally distant. Bingo! Success.

In the upcoming year, therefore, I resolve to resist thinking before speaking. And maybe to buy into more conspiracy theories. Like the moon landing hoax.

I just hope I have the dedication to follow through.

Feel free to leave your resolutions, sincere or otherwise, in the combox.

1 comment:

Fenian said...

I think that Mark Twain summed up New Year's resolutions quite well.

"New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."