22 March 2010

Prayer Request from the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest


From the ICRSP:

The Institute’s Seminary in Gricigliano, Italy is overflowing with seminarians. This is a great joy to our founders, Msgr. Gilles Wach and Canon Philippe Mora, but also a source of inquietude as there are not enough rooms for all the seminarians.

Msgr. Wach has asked that we pray a novena to Saint Joseph that the seminary will be able to lodge the new seminarians who will enter this fall. Many times in the past, the Institute has experienced the powerful intercession and paternal care of our Lord’s foster father and so it is nature for us to turn to him in our need.

Please join us in this novena which you may pray at home as a family or individually.

Prayer of St. Francis de Sales to St. Joseph

Glorious St. Joseph, spouse of Mary, grant us thy paternal protection, we beseech thee by the Heart of Jesus Christ.

Oh thou, whose power extends to all our necessities and can render possible for us the most impossible things, open thy fatherly eyes to the needs of thy children.

In the trouble and distress which afflicts us, we confidently have recourse to thee. Deign to take under your charitable charge this important and difficult matter, cause of our worries. Make its happy outcome be for God's glory and for the good of his devoted servants.

Litany of St. Joseph

V/ Lord, have mercy.
R/ Lord, have mercy.

V/ Christ, have mercy.
R/ Christ, have mercy.

V/ Lord, have mercy.
R/ Lord, have mercy.

V/ Jesus, hear us.
R/ Jesus, graciously hear us.

V/ God, the Father of Heaven,
R/ have mercy on us.

V/ God, the Son, Redeemer of the world,
R/ have mercy on us.

V/ God, the Holy Spirit,
R/ have mercy on us.

V/ Holy Trinity, One God,
R/ have mercy on us.

R/for ff: pray for us.

Holy Mary,
St. Joseph,
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph most just,
Joseph most chaste,
Joseph most prudent,
Joseph most strong,
Joseph most obedient,
Joseph most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the wretched,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world,
R/ spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world,
R/ graciously hear us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, who take away the sins of the world.
R/ have mercy on us.

He made him the lord of his household.
R/ And prince over all his possessions.

Let us pray. O God, in your ineffable providence you were pleased to choose Blessed Joseph to be the spouse of your most holy Mother; grant, we beg you, that we may be worthy to have him for our intercessor in heaven whom on earth we venerate as our Protector: You who live and reign forever and ever. R/ Amen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father I pray now for all of the soldiers, Christians, sinners and their families. Please be with them and bless them. I pray for salvation of the ungodly. My friends I am truly sorry that I have let you all down as a friend and a brother. Please except my apology for not being their for you in your time of need. I am truly grateful for your service to our country. Your dedication and loyalty is unsurpassed. Have faith in God for he shall deliver you in your times of trouble. I am truly convinced that God’s love knows no bounds for those who love the Lord and keep his commandments. For the Christian Warrior will always be victorious in battle.
My testimony is one of hardships and brokenness. For I have seen with my on eyes the fall of the wicked and the destruction that follows. For I was a ungodly sinner who was uncommitted and self-serving, lying and cowardly this lead me to a great and terrible fall. I have since then repented, but I am suffering some terrible consequences. I have lost my job, home and car. My family has turn against me and my health is depleting. I have prayed to God for mercy and forgiveness for five long years, but yet depression, loneliness, despair, fear and a complete lose of integrity have filled my life. The only income I have is disability and I am truly thankful for that. I want to work, but I need my health to improve both physically and mentally. I don’t ask for much, just that God will send the Holy Spirit into mine and my families life and heal us. For five years I have been going to practically all the churches in Pulaski County donating money, telling my testimony and crying at their alters for help. Their has just been one preacher who lost his wife to cancer, two co-workers and the Mormons who came to my house and prayed for me in the five years that I have been begging. I mean I went to some churches looking for Godly marriage counseling and advice and they wanted to charge me money. I talk about building a children’s home or an orphanage and they got angry at me. I went to some churches telling them that it would be nice if we could all come together and have revival, that I would borrow the money and we could have it some where and they objected. God is in your heart not in some building. Sure it is good to go and worship at church. But love is seven days a week not just on Sunday. I am convinced that if there is ever a place on earth that needs revival it has got to be Pulaski County Kentucky. While I yet pray for you, I ask that you pray for me as well. Pray that God will some how restore me and my family. For I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is a heaven and there is a hell. I don’t want me or my family to go to hell. I don’t want to see anyone in hell. And my brothers and sisters I want to see you all in Heaven and rejoice with you. Pray for me the falling one. Pray that God will lift me up and use me to glorify his kingdom. Please pray that me and my family will be saved and God will use us to be a light to others. Pray that God will allow me and my family to be in paradise with other Christians.
Your Loving Brother Gregory.