29 December 2010

Better and Better: Cardinals Burke, Ranjith and Piacenza Appointed by Holy Father to the Congregation for Divine Worship

The Liturgical Restoration, which moves forward in fits and starts, got a big boost today with the appointment of new Cardinals to the CDW. Already under the able leadership of Cardinal Canizares Llovera, Cardinal Burke, Cardinal Ranjith and Cardinal Piacenza will swell the ranks of members who fully support the reintegration of the "Extraordinary" Form in the ordinary life of Catholics.

While he would likely disclaim such a notion, it certainly seems that Our Lord has great things in store for, and great tasks to be accomplished by, Cardinal Burke--to the great blessing of the Mystical Body.

Deo Gratias!

Pray for the Holy Father, and these holy Cardinals.

7 comments:

StGuyFawkes said...

God Love and Bless His Eminence Cardinal Burke.

Kansas Catholic said...

This is good news.

Anonymous said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!

Peggy said...

Excellent! I also have word that his Eminence, Card. Burke, will be leading a retreat of Kenrick seminarians while he is in the area. A seminarian tells me it is to take place at Our Lady of the Snows Shrine. His presence will be good for the Shrine as well.

Anonymous said...

Peggy- Is there a "hidden message" behind the statement, "his presence will be good for the Shrine as well."?
Just curious.
Thank you.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Well, I can tell you that when I saw pictures of the Mass celebrated with drums et. al in a Shrine flyer, I must say that Burke being there may be good for the Shrine.

I know I have an irrational reaction when I see/hear guitars played in church to the awful OCP songs. I want to smash them over the heads of the strummers. Thank God for the TLM availability in my area.

Anonymous said...

So you have feelings of wanting to do violence to participants in a valid Catholic Mass?

Hmmmm. . . there seems to be a breakdown in catechisis here somewhere.