18 November 2011

Tyler Dasher Funeral Arrangements

Everyone in St. Louis is aware of the unbelievably awful news of the brutal death of 13-month old toddler Tyler Dasher, whose own mother has been charged with his murder.

About the only good news, and it is apparently the best news, about this sad event I just read when I checked out STLToday for his funeral arrangements.  

He will have a funeral Mass at St. Mark's Catholic Church in Affton at 10:30am Monday.  It gives me hope that he is Catholic and was baptized.  I don't wish this post to devolve into a discussion about God's mercy to the unbaptized and all of that.  Regardless, if he was baptized then he is in heaven as sure as you are reading this, and that is joyous news.  May he pray for us all.

5 comments:

Peggy IL said...

Yes, I heard that news too. I wondered about mother, an apparent Catholic. The general state of our culture outside of even somewhat diligent Catholic families is pretty scary. May God have mercy on her soul.

I am glad the little one will be in heaven with the Holy Trinity, Blessed Mother and communion of saints.

Badger Catholic said...

Thank you for sharing this. It really does put this tragedy into perspective thinking that he could pray for his mother.

Anonymous said...

Ora pro nobis

TRAD

Mary's slave said...

Such a sad story. May the child's soul be in the presence of our Lord singing praise along with angels.

Sorry about his mother too, how sad, no one could reach her heart before this mishap.

We do have a lot of work to do in our own house and our neighbourhood.

Latinmassgirl said...

I'm assuming that he was baptized as one must be baptized to have a funeral mass at a Catholic church. I guess that rule may not always be followed.