31 January 2012

SNAP to Protest against Cardinal Burke-- No Reason Required

Thanks to the reader who alerted me to this desperate cry for attention press release from the agitprop peddlers at SNAP announcing a protest of Cardinal Burke outside St. Francis de Sales Oratory tonight.  Why?  Oh, no reason, really.

It seems that they are motivated enough by allegations involving a case which, if true, had nothing to do with the Oratory or Cardinal Burke, as the alleged perpetrator was not assigned to St. Francis de Sales parish during the alleged incidents and the alleged abuse took place before Cardinal Burke became Archbishop. 

Ironically enough, the alleged abuse, if true, did take place while the priest was assigned to the "progressive" parish of St. Cronan.  But I doubt the good folks at SNAP have any intention of causing a fuss there.  Too many friends.  


If you were wavering about whether to attend the Solemn Eucharistic Exposition and Benediction tonight at 5 pm, please consider going to support our beloved Archbishop-Emeritus.

6 comments:

Peggy IL said...

Funny how your first lines made me think of Rick Astley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRfPon9vmU

Ok. I was younger then...

Kansas Catholic said...

New stationery is in order. Goodbye SNAP; hello SHAM.

just wondering said...

Just wanted to say I attended the benediction with Cardinal Burke - love him, the church was beautiful, the music sublime, I closed my eyes & thought, could heaven actually be better than this? I do have one question. Why were the Christmas decorations still up? Are they usually up until the feast of The Presentation? And when did this tradition begin? You'll have to forgive my ignorance, Im a n/o mass attendee.

thetimman said...

just wondering,

No problem. The custom of keeping Christmas decorations up to Candlemas (the Feast of the Purification of Mary in the traditional Roman calendar, or the Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord in the new-- both events are marked by the same feast) is an ancient one. My wife suffers from my insistence on this, as she has to live with it each year. ;-)

But, it is more manageable if the decorations don't go up until just before Christmas eve. That way, you and your normal neighbors both have them up for about a month, with about one week's worth in common.

Merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Timman ---that is how we do our decorations and my children cringe as sometimes I play Christmas music until Valentine's day.

I attended the sublime Benediction last night also and saw our tired beloved Cardinal Burke. Thank you God for his leadership!

I was appalled to see snap outside SFdS church last night. It was
amazing to see the little aged protesters in their jeans handing out papers (I saw very few people carrying yellow slips into the church) . So many faithful were all dressed up in suits and ties!
I wished I had suggested they come inside and pray for all victims and all abusers ---Benediction for them would have a much more valuable outlet. ONE of THEIR victims is our good Cardinal himself!

We helped Sister Rigali get into the church from outside.

Excuse my rambling , but the music was exquisite!

Mempoit

just wondering said...

Timman,
Thanks for the clarification. Merry Christmas to you also. I hope my greeting this late isnt a punishable offense.