19 March 2012

Feast of St. Joseph

"I do not know how anyone can think of the Queen of Angels during the time that she suffered so much with the Child Jesus, without giving thanks to you, O glorious St. Joseph, for the way you helped them.  For this reason it seems to me that those who practice prayer should have a special affection for you always.


"I wish I could persuade everyone to be devoted to you, for I have great experience of the blessings which you obtain from God.  I have never known anyone to be truly devoted to you and render you particular services who did not notably advance in virtue, for you give very real help to souls who commend themselves to you.  I have clearly seen that your help has always been greater than I could have hoped for.  I do not remember that I have ever asked anything of you which you failed to grant.  The Lord wishes to teach us that as He was Himself subject to you on earth (for, being His guardian and being called His father, you could command Him), just so in Heaven He still does all that you ask."


--St. Teresa of Avila


St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church, pray for us!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know this post was from years ago, but I'm pretty sure divine providence led me here. I was searching for a Novena to St. Joseph to pray for my husband who is currently working with his boss to hopefully be able to work from home so that we can move to St. Louis, where I was born and raised. How crazy that I would come across your blog in my search. Keep us in your prayers, please. Blessings,

Elizabeth

thetimman said...

God bless you, Elizabeth! I pray you find your way to St. Louis, and to St. Francis de Sales Oratory! God is good, He will help you.