28 June 2012

I Just Discovered...





...that I am indeed the Clark Bar in the punch bowl of life.


How so?


I just came across the following post of a Facebook friend:


Saw on a church sign: "Life is a puzzle. Come inside to find the missing peace."
Suppressing my gag reflex, I noticed that three people already " liked" this, and that one other had this comment:


Whoa I love that! :) It's so true!


I couldn't help it, and replied:


That perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the inescapable plague of the ubiquitous church sign "ministry."


My beloved eldest daughter, seeing this, quipped, "Just how many Facebook friends do you have?"


I'm thinking one fewer than I did before...

5 comments:

Logical Conclusion said...

That perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the inescapable plague of the ubiquitous church sign "ministry."

And also everything wrong with the Novus Ordo regime. Bleachhhh!

Hootiecootie said...

You still have more friends than I do!

I thing the "best" sign I saw on hot summer night said, "So you don't want to get dressed up and go to church on Sunday? No problem! Come in shorts on Thursday night here".

Deb said...

Know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace.

While these quips are not as lofty and beautiful of thoughts as St Aquinas or even Chesterton, they are symbolic of the times in which we live. Many people text, message, and use Facebook on a regular basis. It is nice that you have Facebook friends using the forum to promote faith. It is less than charitable that you were harsh about it.

Deb

thetimman said...

Thanks, Deb, it is charitable for you to point that out.

Latinmassgirl said...

Oh, Hootie,
Ha! It was a Protestant church, right? I hope. If it was a Catholic Church, I'm going to take my whole family swimming and just arrive in our swim suits and towels. That way we can drip dry before we go up and get the communion with our sunscreened hands. I wonder if we can play pass the beach ball for "sign of peace".