07 August 2012

Let Us Pray for Vocations to the Religious Life




 MEMORARE, O piissima Virgo Maria, non esse auditum a saeculo, quemquam ad tua currentem praesidia, tua implorantem auxilia, tua petentem suffragia, esse derelictum. Ego tali animatus confidentia, ad te, Virgo Virginum, Mater, curro, ad te venio, coram te gemens peccator assisto. Noli, Mater Verbi, verba mea despicere; sed audi propitia et exaudi. Amen.  

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.


 I don't know-- for some reason I thought of Religious Sisters today. ;-)



4 comments:

Long-Skirts said...

It's so refreshing to see true Brides of Christ. I too was blessed this weekend, mostly to be out of St. Louis with the LCWR/ Lapsed Catholics Without Remorse in town. My family attended the receiving of the habit and veil of one of our daughters affiliated with the Society of St. Pius X. You can see my blog URL at the end of my poem to see our Sister Mary Bernard. Deo Gratias, may there be many, many more to overtake what's happening here in St. Louis!

MOMENT
IN
THE
MOUNTAINS

Today I spent
A moment --
Upon a
Mountain top.

A cloud of
Mist descended
My watch hands, they
Did stop.

I heard her voice
Cry “Mommy!”
I saw her first
Skinned knee,

Then took a train
Across a plain
With suitcase
And rosary.

Now underneath
A veil of snow
A root of Cross-earth
Brown

She turned and smiled
A Marian glow
I gently floated
Down.

Today I spent
A moment --
Upon a
Mountain top.

My little girl
With milk of Pearl
Will nurse souls wasting not --
A Drop.


http://www.hilaryflanery.blogspot.com/2012/08/bride-of-christ.html

thetimman said...

LS,

Congratulations to your family! Prayers for her, and asking hers in return.

Meg said...

Hmmm... Can't imagine why. (Unless Emily in the Real World is thinking this Real World is too much for her. After all, a convent WOULD be cheaper.) :-)

Catholic Trad said...

Beautiful, beautiful nuns.