>1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those men that detain the truth of God in injustice:
1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they have not glorified him as God or given thanks: but became vain in their thoughts. And their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 For, professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
1:24 Wherefore, God gave them up to the desires of their heart, unto uncleanness: to dishonour their own bodies among themselves.
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause, God delivered them up to shameful affections...
1:29 Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication, avarice, wickedness: full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity: whisperers,
1:30 Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Foolish, dissolute: without affection, without fidelity, without mercy.
1:32 Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death: and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them.
2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them who do such things and dost the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Excerpts from Romans 1:17-2:13
It may be hard for some to reflect on this so soon after so bitter a defeat, but if so, come back and read this later. My personal takes, in no particular order:
1. We get the rulers we deserve. God has given us over to our disordered desires. Blessed be His will, inscrutable as it sometimes is. We need to entrust ourselves and all we have to Him, through Mary.
2. This (s)election proves to me, definitively and at long last, that the whole political system at the national level is a rigged game. It is inconceivable to me that Il Duce could have won if all the votes were counted. And all of you who-- in good faith and with a sense of duty-- voted for Romney, step back and consider this: was this your preferred nominee? How and why did he get the nomination? What does it say about the reality of a choice between the two major parties, as opposed to the mere illusion of choice? McCain and Romney are the two chosen nominees of the GOP to oppose the most overtly totalitarian and leftist candidate in this nation's history. Neither pro-life. Neither pro-constitution. How long do we support a candidate just because he wears "our" uniform?
3. There are only two alternatives to the rigged game scenario. One is that this election was won by fraud. Any future Republican has to win by a real 5% in order to overcome the typical democrat fraud built into the vote. Not encouraging.
4. The other alternative is, in a real sense, much more discouraging-- that the Supreme Leader won fair and square. If the Leader couldn't be beaten in a fair election when he has produced the last four years, then what democrat who favors full liberty of the groin no-matter-what would ever lose? What hope for the foreseeable future (speaking about the purely temporal) is there? Our young people, soulless, ignorant, libertine, have been raised as amoral and immoral animalistic ciphers. Sound harsh? Tough. It's true. The faith hasn't been passed on. A sense of history hasn't been passed on. A sense of personal honor. Duty. Responsibility. Common sense. And on and on. The public schools have served their purpose very well-- we have produced an ignorant generation of government-dependent drones. And they will come for us if we say boo.
5. Get ready to suffer for the Faith. If the Chief comrade was able to foist the last four years' worth of socialism and anti-Catholicism on us in the face of constant opposition, what will he fear by way of opposition when he will never have to face an electorate again? Buckle your seat belts.
6. Finally, believe it or not, I do not despair. God is God. We are in His hands. He loves us. He may chastise us, but He loves us. His Mother has promised us that her Immaculate Heart will triumph. And it will. We need a miracle. We need to pray for a miracle. But rest assured that she will deliver one. We must hang on until then, and do the duty of our state of life until then.
That's it. What else can be said? Catholics on the left need to be part of the solution by leaving the party of moral compromise. Catholics on the right need to be part of the solution by refusing to reflexively support lousy Republican candidates.
I am sorry if you don't like what I've written here. It's my blog, and I needed to say it.
We need to wake up. The hour is long passed to wake from sleep.
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!