26 June 2013

Out of Existence

Good to see a priest calling out contraception, though of course we are rather late on the game. Contracepting spouses were instrumental in making "normal" the idea of non-procreative marriages. Given that, why not allow sodomites to claim "marriage"?

From the full story:

June 24, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A stranger came into the sacristy after Sunday Mass. In an incriminating huff he said, “I have been away from the area for fifteen years; where are the people? And now you are tearing down the school? I went there as a kid.”

I put my hands up to quiet him from further talking and I calmly said, “Let me ask you a question: How many kids did you have?” He said, “Two.” Then I said, “So did everyone else. When you only have two kids per family there is no growth.” His demeanor changed, and then he dropped his head and said, “And they aren’t even going to Mass anymore.”

I never thought I would be asking that question, but since I had to close our parish school, I’ve grown bolder and I started to ask that question more often. When I came to my parish five years ago, the school was on its proverbial “last legs.” In its last two years we did everything we could to recruit more students, but eventually I had to face the fact that after 103 years of education the school was no longer viable.

And this:

Having grown up in the 60‘s and 70‘s with many “Don’t call me Father” Priests, I knew that the problem was a lack of orthodoxy. Twenty years ago when I was ordained, I thought that if I just preached the faith and celebrated a solemn Sunday Mass people would turn around. But, after twenty years, my experience is that a few parishioners will write letters to the Bishop, some will leave murmuring, but the standard fare is benign indifference. Instead of encountering joy and submission to the Natural Law and the Church’s teaching on human life and its dignity, I have found Catholic Christians either complacent or complicit with the Culture of Death. It was reported that over fifty percent of Catholics voted for a pro-abortion president who at a recent Texas Planned Parenthood convention asked God to bless them. If I have found any fruit, it has mostly come from home-schooling families.

I have become convinced that there is a connection, a direct correlation, between contracepting or sterilizing one’s fertility that parleys into an infertile relationship with Jesus, the Divine Bridegroom. In other words, mortal sin is the ultimate barrier method when it comes to God’s gift of grace being implanted within our souls. It is known that Jesus expects us to be faithful in small things before He will entrust us with larger issues.

Western Civilization is in its death throes and the Rule of Law is dead. We've taken God out of marriage, out of procreation, out of school and out of our lives. As a country, should we be surprised?

And what of the Church, what now? The choice is the same as ever. Capitulate to political power or remain faithful to God.

The mainline Protestants capitulated to contraception in 1930, beginning with the Anglicans (whose founding was purely cynical political compromise) via the Lambeth Conference. Try to find one mainline Protestant denomination these days that hasn't capitulated to the "Rainbow". Through the mercy and fidelity of the Holy Ghost, the Catholic Church had held the line on both--though sometimes her pastors sabotage the effort.

The family is superior to the state, which has targeted the family as an existential threat. There is only one institution that stands in the way of the family's destruction. There is only one that is faithful to the Divine and Natural Law.

We stand utterly alone-- humanly speaking. But God is ever faithful to those who follow Him.

We are called to be faithful to the truth, regardless of consequence.


timbro said...

From the article:

"I am reminded of a diocesan official in his talk to us young pro-life, pro-family priests twenty years ago. He said, “Yes, you can preach against abortion and contraception, but remember, you have to put a roof over your churches.” Now, our diocese is closing and merging these same parishes, but you know what—they all have good roofs."

That's exactly where we are with the Catholic Church in the Western world. A lot of pretty, but empty, buildings. Hollowed out shells, ready for the taking. This applies to the remaining parishioners themselves as well.

Jeanne Holler said...

I am going to highlight the following: We've taken GOD out of marriage, out of procreation, out of school and out of our lives. As a country should we be surprised.
Wonderful statement and so true.
You see UNTIL we make the good God the center of our lives and OBEY HIS CHURCH and HIS LAWS we are lost.
WE need God , there is no other way but God's way .
We faithful Catholics are going to become a minority , a remnant . I believe this with all my heart.
The Catholic Chruch is in a major crisis ....we need to Shephards that will be BOLD and proclaim the TRUTH at all times.
You stated:
faithful to the TRUTH, regardless of the consequences ....their you have it ...we need the grace of final perservance ...because none of us will be to stand with HIS GRACE ...and of course OUR LADY and her powerful intercession.
That is where the message of Fatima comes in ...it is for TODAY and we all need to know it and LIVE the Message ! God Bless

doughboy said...

This was excellent - thanks for posting.