29 January 2014

Feast of St. Francis de Sales




From the preface to his Treatise on the Love of God, I echo his words for this blog, and at an early date will permanently post them on the side bar:

“Thus my dear reader I beseech God to bless you and to enrich you with his love. Meanwhile from my very heart I submit all my writings, my words and actions to the correction of the most holy Catholic, Apostolic, and Roman Church, knowing that she is the pillar and ground of truth, wherein she can neither be deceived nor deceive us, and that none can have God for his father who will not have this Church for his mother.”

There will be a Solemn High Mass at the Oratory tonight at 6:30pm. Remember, the faithful who assist at Mass today at an Institute apostolate may obtain a plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions.

St. Francis de Sales, pray for us!


No comments: