05 May 2014

Feast of St. Pius V

Before today's Mass

Today is the feast of that truly great Pontiff, protector of the faith and the liturgy, its guardian. From today's collect, a very timely prayer:

O God, Who for the overthrow of the enemies of Thy Church and for the restoration of divine worship didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Pius as Supreme Pontiff: grant that we may be defended by his patronage and so cleave to Thy service, that overcoming all the wiles of our enemies, we may rejoice in perpetual peace. Through our Lord Jesus Christ Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. Amen.


St. Corbinian's Bear said...

I checked my calendar and didn't see this. Are you sure ;-)

thetimman said...

Bear, I thank you. It was April 30. Sorry, I'm a procrastinator.

St. Corbinian's Bear said...

Butler talked about Pope Pius V kissing ulcers and tenderly bathing the sick. He was our Lepanto Pope, I think. Would be nice to see a little of that old Holy League spirit! BTW I added you to my blog roll, so let me know if you do not wish to be associated with large, smelly omnivores. (Tried to email, but it got kicked back.)

thetimman said...

Thx, linked to yours. T