07 May 2014

May I Pose a Question or Two?

Can I ask, sincerely, and with some trepidation, whether His Eminence ought not to be canonically disciplined?  

For his own good, and ours?

And what about a Cardinal who can say this:  "The Church is not timeless, she lives amidst the vicissitudes of history ....", in order to advocate that the Church should deviate from the teaching of Christ Himself, issuing from His own mouth, on the indissolubility of marriage?

I ask in light of Canon 212, sections 2 & 3, CIC (1983). 

Did I mention that there already lives in Rome one of the foremost experts in Canon Law, the Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, should technical assistance be needed?


Jane Chantal said...

Kasper's words (and code words) drip with thinly-disguised contempt for the Church and those who hold her dear. His words make my skin crawl. I wish that he would be sent so far away from civilization that he could do no further harm to anything that is good and holy.

Christophe said...

Who made Kasper a cardinal? Oh yeah, St. John Paul the Great.

Long-Skirts said...

Gird your loins...the long defeat...

Christ has not left us orphans, follow the True Shepherds!

Anonymous said...

As a very dear friend pointed out to me recently, the incident between St. Nicholas and Arius. In the middle of an Ecumenical Council, whilst Arius was droning on about how Our Lord Jesus Christ was not Divine, St. Nicholas lost it and cold-cocked him. Read more.

As my friend said 'I'd totally follow a bishop like that, were one to exist today.' I do not doubt that may of us in our heart of hearts would follow that Bishop too.


Bud said...

Who are the True Shepherds? A list in alphabetical order would be amazing.