12 August 2014

An Appeal from The Remnant

I would like to link to this appeal for funds from The Remnant Newspaper.

Often when I express my enjoyment of this publication, I get hit with a subtle or not so subtle retort that it may not be intellectual enough for the smart set. Well, not every article about the faith needs to appear in a theological treatise, I suppose. And I find the writing insightful and intelligent. I don't know that I've ever read a Chris Ferrara piece, for instance, without being impressed by his knowledge and analytical ability-- whether I agree with him or not. And Michael Matt has done so much to provide this absolutely reliable lifeline of news and opinion to the traditionally minded for decades.

I was impressed when they reacted so positively to the Benedictine pontificate, opting to try to be part of the solution instead of waiting for a "more perfect" vessel. And they are to be complimented for trying to make sense, Catholic sense, out of the current disastrous pontificate.

So there.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I've been a subscriber for several years now. I love that paper and so look forward to seeing it in my mailbox. It's a lifeline for me!