05 March 2015

Prayer of Faith in the Divinity of Jesus

O Christ Jesus, Incarnate Word, Who came down from heaven so as to reveal to us the secrets that You, the only-begotten Son of God, ever contemplate "in the heart's-embrace of the Father," I believe and I acknowledge that You are God, as the Father is; His equal. I believe in You; I believe in Your works; I believe in Your Person; I believe that You came from the Father, that You are one with the Father; that whoever sees You sees also Him. I believe that You are "the resurrection and the life." I believe this and, believing it, I adore You, and consecrate to Your service the whole of my being, the whole of my activity, the whole of my life.  I believe in You, Christ Jesus, but increase my faith.

-- from Christ in His Mysteries, by Blessed Columba Marmion

No comments: