07 October 2015

Fire at the Shrine of Christ the King in Chicago

No one injured, but the fire appears to be devastating. The recently restored roof is destroyed. Badger Catholic has the story.



Fr. Andrew said...

Lord have mercy.

Athelstane said...

Amazing that the statue of the Infant King SURVIVED the fire. I was assuming it had just been carried out once the fire started.

It will take a long time to repair the church (even assuming a swift insurance payout) to the point where Masses can be heard...does anyone know where Canon Talarico plans to celebrate Masses for the parish in the meantime?

thetimman said...

I couldn't say. I would guess a representative of the Institute will issue that information soon.

Innocent Smith said...

I heard from a friend who lives nearby that they will have Mass this evening at 6,7, and 8. I am assuming it will be in the building where they sometimes have demonstrations and lessons on the Liturgy and where the parishoneers have their Easter Feast. I would like to attend this evening to show support, but there is no way I can make it. I am heartbroken for this tight knit parish. I have never seen anything like it.