10 November 2015

Boom! Barnhardt Bounds on Bob Bandwagon

Ladies and Gentlemen, this Bob for Catholics movement is picking up steam. Many thanks to Pewsitter for picking up my last Dylan-as-Catholic poet post. Now, the inimitable Ann Barnhardt, scourge of heretics and wishy washers generally, has posted favorably about Dylan's Make You Feel My Love.

She unfortunately embeds a version of the song from Garth Brooks, but hey, nobody's perfect. Of course Bob has the definitive version, on his Time Out of Mind album, but if that's too real for you, check out Adele's take.

(imagining Bob channeling Sally Field talking to Ann:) "You like me! You really like me!"

Now until and unless Ann definitively rebukes me, I'll chalk this up as another "Bobversion".

I'm telling you: Catholic.


1 comment:

Methodist Jim said...

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.