19 November 2015

Liturgical Reflections by an Amateur

Nothing major, but a couple of takeaways from Mass this morning.  Today's feast is St. Elizabeth of Hungary, with a commemoration of Pope St. Pontianus.

The Introit (Ps. 118:75, 120:1) hit me: 

I know, O lord, that Thy judgements are equity, and in Thy truth Thou hast humbled me: pierce Thou my flesh with Thy fear, I am afraid of Thy judgements. (Psalm) Blessed are the undefiled in the way who walk in the law of the Lord. Glory be to the Father. I know...

Pretty good wake-up call and prescription for life, if you ask me.

The other item is the Postcommunion for the Commemoration of Pope St. Pontianus.  I took it as one pontiff praying for another:

Appeased by this Sacrifice, O Lord, in which Thou hast nourished Thy Church on heavenly food, do Thou so guide her that she may be steered with a firm hand and, while enjoying more liberty, may persist in wholeness of faith. Through our Lord Jesus Christ Thy Son, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. Amen.

Amen, indeed.  Have a great day.

No comments: