14 June 2016

I Address This to All the Righteous Voters Who Wanted Me to Hold My Nose and Vote for McCain and Romney

Tell me again how you are #nevertrump? 

Let me see: I had to vote for a Hindu Mormon polytheist, or a total warmongering liberal neo-con, but not Trump?

What's that? He's personally immoral?  Did you vote for George H.W. Bush? Multiple marriages?  Did you vote for Reagan? McCain? He's been a libertine and a braggart? Did you vote for W? He's not really pro-life at heart?  Did you vote for Romney?

You don't want to vote because the system is rigged, or busted? That I get.  But if you believe that your vote matters, yet won't vote for Trump because your delicate conscience bothers you?  That I don't get.

Back to your telescreens.  Two Minutes' Hate is coming on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does my vote matter? The first presidential election that I was old enough to vote was 1976. Starting from there, I never voted for Cater, or Reagan; I did vote for George H. W. Bush when he ran for a second term but he lost; I never voted for Clinton; I did vote for George W. Bush but I was living in Illinois at the time and all the electoral votes went to the Democrat; I never voted for Obama. So to sum up, while my vote does matter in local elections, my vote for president has never actually helped whoever was elected president.

Ed

Anonymous said...

I do plan to vote for Trump. We are voting for political office. And I doubt my conscience is that delicate. Also, he irritates me a lot less than the current Pope. Still, I think you are a little bit unfair to Ronald Reagan. I suggest the book "How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life" by Peter Robinson.

Alison