1. First, on the lesser stage, Hillary Clinton is finally proven to be clearly unwell. Her bizarre ticks, robotic reactions to stimuli, unsteady speech and gait, and rap-sampling coughing fits are the result of
"Overheating. Allergies. Oh wait, the doctor confirms it was pneumonia all along. We did lie. We lied."
Ask yourself this question: your elderly mom shows up on your doorstep after fainting (wink, wink) due to a stated, serious case of pneumonia. What do you do?
a) give her a glass of water and put her back on the street;
b) take her to a hospital and tie her to the bed if necessary to get her proper medical treatment.
What would Chelsea do? Pneumonia my Aunt Fanny.
2. My concern now (recalling always my standard disclaimer on political matters that I'm just assuming any of it matters) is that the powers that be will finally pull the plug on Hillary's political life and insert Crazy Joe Biden or Beta-male Kaine at the top of the ticket. Everyone hates Hillary, but Biden is too dense to really hate. And no one knows Kaine yet. If I were Trump I'd issue a statement of concern for Hillary, send her flowers, and tell everyone you look forward to the debate after she recovers from her minor health issue.
3. And I'm not forgetting that the great Leader is on the lookout for any reason to simply stay put and put off the transition of power awhile. Oh yeah, is 2017 getting closer?
4. Onward and upward, I have to beg, urge, bribe, implore and anything else I can do to please make you read the last several posts by a better Hilary, Hilary White, at her Francischurch blog. Why?
Because she has done a very good job in citing, synthesizing, and analyzing recent events out of the Vatican, along with several bloggers commentary on them, about 1) the increasing accumulation of evidence to cast doubt on Benedict's abdication, and 2) Francis' letter to Argentine bishops that endorses sacrilegious communions as the correct interpretation of the awful Amoris Laetitia. If you are a glutton for punishment, I would say you can check all of the following links: three from Hilary here (taking on a post from Frank Walker), here (taking on a post from the great Antonio Socci) and here (where she takes on the Francis decoder ring and the inevitable schism that will result from A.L.). The last two posts are particularly in-depth and worth a careful and prayerful read.
Added to these, I would refer you to some practical reality from Steve Skojec here.
5. My own thoughts I've posted before, but they are mostly in line with these posts. In a nutshell:
a. I think there is plenty of reason to doubt that Benedict effectively resigned, which of course would make him, not Francis, the real pope.
b. There is no way I (or you) can know a.) for sure, and in the absence of someone competent ( a pope or a council at least) to say so, we must assume the abdication was effective, which means Francis, not Benedict, is the real pope.
c. Francis is a bad pope or antipope, and for our purposes it doesn't matter. Why? Because it is not for us to judge him-- far from it. It is our duty to submit to the pontiff, and if we choose wrongly but in good faith that is not on us. We must submit to him in all things but sin.
d. Which leads to this: whoever the Pope is, we must remain Catholic. If he commands sacrilegious communions, we must resist. If he commands mortal sin, we must resist. To the death if necessary. At some future date, pope or antipope aside, Amoris Laetitia will be repudiated by a real pope.
e. So, pray, endure, submit where possible and resist where submission is impossible. Receive the sacraments while you have them. Be Catholic.
6. More concerning than any political intrigue, as potentially important as that may be, is the collapse of the teaching authority of the visible Church and the papacy in particular. The secular governments of the West have long ceded the field of the promotion of virtue. Now Rome stands by, mute or complicit. Get ready for trouble.
For the mystery of iniquity already worketh; only that he who now holdeth, do hold, until he be taken out of the way. And then that wicked one shall be revealed whom the Lord Jesus shall kill with the spirit of his mouth; and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming, him, Whose coming is according to the working of Satan, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders, And in all seduction of iniquity to them that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity.
But we ought to give thanks to God always for you, brethren, beloved of God, for that God hath chosen you firstfruits unto salvation, in sanctification of the spirit, and faith of the truth: Whereunto also he hath called you by our gospel, unto the purchasing of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.
2 Thessalonians 2:7-15